Do you ever feel just OFF? Nothing is extremely wrong, but things are not just right either. I almost feel kinda guilty for not being happy, when such wonderful things have been manifesting in my life. Granted, there have been some disappointing moments, but I shouldn’t be feeling like this! Totally out of key…..you know what I mean?
“It’s in the heartbeats of our chest, the sounds of our strides and the tone of our voices.”
I was recently chilling in my bed and it occurred to me out loud, “I need to find my rhythm!” The thing about rhythm is that it is the essential ingredient to all music. Rhythm is everywhere. It’s in the heartbeats of our chest, the sounds of our strides and the tone of our voices. It flows, it makes you move, and it changes from time to time. Life is exactly the same. It moves according to our decisions, ambitions and uncontrolled responses. The tempo could be fast, slow or steady…according to the song that’s playing.
When unforeseen things happen, sometimes you need help to get back into the groove of things. People, family, work or our thoughts can create a lot of noise (heavy metal) and we are no longer listening to any rhythmic sounds (Sade) in our daily life. This alone can be very draining and delusional. So how do we find our rhythm?
Here are a few tips that may help you and me in getting back on track:
- Make a list of 3 things you want to accomplish in the next 90 days. (Long lists give me anxiety). For example, set a standing manicure appointment every 2 weeks or take a soothing bath once a week.
- Focus on accomplishing ONE thing per 30-day period.
- Be consistent. (Studies show that doing something for 30 days becomes a habit)
- Share with an accountability partner. (Someone to encourage you and remind you how amazing you are).
- Pray. Meditate. Sing. (Everyday)
Let me know how it goes!
2 thoughts on “Finding Your Rhythm”
Story of my life right now!!! >_< #thistooshallpass
Yes, it will! I’m in total agreement with you. The main thing is to remain calm and don’t stop moving. Things will begin to fall into place.
LikeLiked by 1 person